Thursday, October 15, 2009

Where the Wild Things Are




If you've been in my immediate vicinity for the past, oh, four months, it's blazingly apparent that I'm so excited about this movie I could pee my pants.

I won't. I'm a grownup. But you get my level of anticipation.

The fantastically eccentric Karen O, of Yeah Yeah Yeah fame, created the soundtrack for the film based on the favored children's book directed by Spike Jonze. Stellar example of ex'es working together for the greater creative good. With some help from her Y3 bandmates, Dean Fertita (The Dead Weather, le sigh) and Jack Lawrence (Raconteurs), the soundtrack released September 29th is brimming with childlike wonder and whimsy. Maybe a little evocation of Daniel Johnston? If you've seen the trailer, you'll hear the soundtrack's first single "All is Love" replacing Arcade Fire's "Wake Up." Not a bad switch - but the original select did bring some major nostalgia for those of us who were learning to read with the story in the early '80's. ('84, holla)

WTWTA is released nationwide tomorrow; let the wild rumpus start!


Where the Wild Things Are Soundtrack // Capsize
Where the Wild Things Are Soundtrack // Sailing Home

No comments: