Tuesday, April 19, 2011

Fleet Foxes


{image from Spin.com}

Truth: I've had this album for a month, and only started listening last weekend.
Truth: I sold my May 15 tix for D.A.R.
Truth: It's gonna bruise after this amount of kicking myself.

I can't say why I didn't give Helplessness Blues a spin and "replay all" from the get-go. The sole, feeble explanation I can shrug my shoulders over was my head not being ready for the hippie. Because that's exactly the kind of record the Seattle natives created: a sweetly green musing on the esoteric and blue-collar. A life returned to reaping what you sow, "if i had an orchard / i'd work till i'm sore / you would wait tables / and soon run the store" from the sophmmore album's namesake first single. Is it laughable that it's one of the most romantic things I've heard all season?

Pretty sure a certain someone needs to spending more time out on the playground.

If you're not ready for posings of "why is the sky blue?" lyrics, or heavy blushings of The Moody Blues - don't force it. It'll come around when the cicadas start whirring and a caftan sounds like an excellent brunch outfit.

Fleet Foxes // The Shrine / An Argument

No comments: