Thursday, December 18, 2008

Colourmusic

Reflecting on everyone's Top-Whatever lists for 2008, for mine I'd like to stick with stuff that's not being covered as much. Instead of Top 10 I'm just gonna go with Bomb Tracks Released en Este Año.

Here's what I told people at WRIR about Colourmusic:

Another band that killed SXSW. An English guy was studying abroad in OK when he made an Oklahoman friend, and together they started Colourmusic. The band sounds different from British psychpop in that its sunshine seems a bit more essential, more from-the-core. Wheat fields. They’re into color theory. Their lyrics are vivid.
RIYL Donovan, Love, The Bees, Os Mutantes, British Sea Power, White Flight



And the track I choose is... (I hate picking just one)...







Yes!

f, monday, orange, february, venus, lunatic, 1 or 13 from Great Society records. The whole album is great, even though they were on NPR. Buy it; see them live.

No comments: