Wednesday, February 18, 2009

Odd Nosdam

This guy, alongside fellow members of his former band cLOUDDEAD and a bunch of other people, actually helped found the Bay Area label/collective Anticon. I mentioned Anticon a few weeks back as Tobacco's label. Odd Nosdam's also collaborated a ton with groups outside Anticon: Múm, Notwist, Mr Dibbs, Sarena-Maneesh, Boards of Canada, TV on the Radio...

He also did a soundtrack for the 2007 film This is My Element, centering around sk8boards. Element Skateboards. Each song on the soundtrack corresponds to the style of a rider in the film; this one is Brent Atchley's, and if I talk any more about that I'll be a huge poser because I don't know who Brent Atchley is. But I like his style.

Anticon has just re-released the T.I.M.E. Soundtrack.

Anticon co-founders Why? (left) and Odd Nosdam (right)







Fly Mode

No comments: