Tuesday, October 26, 2010

imma imma monstah


fakeout.

Kanye West's latest installment in universal pop takeover, My Beautiful Dark Twisted Fantasy, is goddamn massive. Literally. Most tracks are extended to and beyond the 5minute mark. Compared to the auto-tuned cold, minimalistic 808's & Heartbreak, Fantasy has about 90gabillion layers of music production. Brass, electric guitar distortion, tabernacle chorale groups - all intended to max out whatever vessel you're in to aural capacity.

Yeah, a number of the tracks could've been edited down.
Sure, the majority of lyrics focus on graphic sex or Jesus.
Yes, West can be a sonovabitch. But he is a talented sonovabitch, so I bought the eff into this album and dance as much as my seatbelt will allow while playing "Lost in the World" on my commute. Just how I live my life.

Kanye West (f. Jay-Z, Rick Ross, Nicki Manaj & Bon Iver) // Monster

No comments: