Friday, January 23, 2009

Mumford and Sons


I found this 4-leaf on a 3-Quarter Moon last week. Like their Irish cousin across the pond, Damien Rice, these lads from London know how to implode the soul with simple and straightforward lyrics. I compare them to Rice because they sound a bit like him here, but they’re way more folksy and bluegrassy than he is. I’d also swear they’re from Ireland, but I can’t seem to find any evidence that supports that theory.

Disclaimer: This song may induce sudden shortness of breath, fatigue, outbursts of tears, heart explosion and wrist bleeding. Get your smiling in now and listen at your own risk.







Liar

2 comments:

P said...

I definitely hear more of an M. Ward influence than Rice, but still, really good stuff.

mcKay said...

If an apple looked and tasted like an orange, that might make sense to me. Marcus and Matt may have slightly similar sounding singing voices, but other than that, I wouldn’t even put them in the same category of music. Of course, that’s just my opinion. At least we can agree they’re both good.